Shaping the future of digital connectivity
The demand for converged distribution of HD multimedia content and the lack of adequate existing technologies are driving the industry toward an HD digital connectivity standard.
HDBaseT technology is a consumer electronic (CE) connectivity technology optimized for whole-home and commercial multimedia distribution. HDBaseT can connect all the entertainment devices in a setting through its 5Play™ feature set, converging uncompressed full HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable and various control signals through a single 100m/328ft CAT5e/6 cable with RJ45 connectors.
The compelling features of HDBaseT technology include:
- Uncompressed video/audio up to 10.2 Gbps.
- Maximum cable length of 100m, including support of multiple hops, up to 8 x 100m
- Low cost standard Cat5e/6 LAN cable
- Utilizes a standard RJ-45 connector
- Supplies up to 100W of power – which can be utilized to power a remote TV
- Support for 100Mbps Ethernet
- Easy installation utilizing existing in-wall Ethernet connectivity
- USB support
- Supports HDCP
- Networking support including extended-range daisy chain and star topologies
The cornerstone of HDBaseT technology is 5Play, an unrivaled feature-set that converges full uncompressed HD video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable and various control signals through a single 100m/328ft CAT5e/6 LAN cable.
HDBaseT enables a network of sources — such as digital video recorders (DVR), Blu-ray disc players, game consoles, PCs and mobile devices — to be connected directly to displays in multiple locations. For instance, a DVR can be connected to several TVs throughout the home, allowing users an independent yet fully compatible experience.
HDBaseT LAN-based technology makes it possible to cut the assortment of cables for audio, video, CE device connectors and even the power source. This form of networking, whether it is done point-to-point, by daisy chaining devices or through star topology, can be applied in both the consumer home and in B2B cases such as digital signage networking.